Passing Along The Heritage Foundation (“PATH”) was formed by a group of individuals who have a passion for passing along the fishing and hunting heritage to today’s youth and other individuals who have limited access to the outdoors due to an illness or physical limitation.
PATH targets urban youth or those who do not have a parent or relative to take them hunting or fishing. Many are from single parent families and/or simply cannot afford the equipment. In addition, PATH strives to assist handicapped children and adults, as well as disabled military veterans, who would like to hunt or fish but do not have the required equipment or access to the outdoors.
PATH’s Mission Statement
The primary mission of The PATH Foundation (“PATH”) is to establish, create and/or steward opportunities for disadvantaged families and individuals, particularly the youth, with an emphasis on “outdoor heritage” and through such opportunities to encourage and develop the promotion, education and/or preservation of the same. PATH also strives to assist handicapped children and adults, as well as disabled military veterans, who would like to go hunting or fishing but do not have the required equipment or access to the outdoors. The organization accomplishes this goal by providing free fishing and hunting opportunities to disadvantaged families and individuals in addition to other charitable activities that will promote, educate and/or preserve the outdoor heritage.
The following are several examples of how PATH has fulfilled its mission:
- Distributed 1,000+ reels (and some rods) to kids in need
- Sponsored the Lake Leelanau Kids Fishing Derby (multiple years)
- Sponsored 2 archery programs in local schools (multiple years)
- Purchased 12 bows, 9 shotguns and 3 rifles for kids
- Sponsored 2 high school skeet teams (multiple years)
- Took 4 kids and 1 adult on their first turkey hunt
- Facilitated 2 children with Michigan elk tags and hunts
- Took 15 kids on their first fishing trip
- Took 23 kids on their first deer hunt
- Took 8 kids on their first waterfowl hunt
- Donated funds for materials for M.U.C.C. youth camps
- Sponsored Kicking Bear Kid’s Camp
To Learn More About PATH
Visit the PATH Website at http://www.passingalongtheheritage.com